"Brave" will be one of the first movies to be presented in the new sound system "Atmos" from Dolby.
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) today announced the names of select movie theatres nationwide that will screen Disney•Pixar's Brave in Dolby® Atmos™, the new audio platform that will change the experience of sound in entertainment. The World Premiere of Brave will take place at Hollywood's Dolby TheatreSM, using Dolby Atmos and Dolby 3D to transport the audience into the adventure, with a lifelike and immersive sensory cinema experience. Following the premiere, Dolby Atmos will continue to wow Brave audiences at select theatres beginning June 22.
"Dolby Atmos is our most revolutionary sound innovation in years, and the industry reaction has been overwhelming. We can't wait for the public to experience firsthand what producers, studio executives, and sound mixers have been raving about since we first demonstrated the technology in April," said Ramzi Haidamus, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Dolby Laboratories. "It's fitting that Disney•Pixar, known for creating magical and immersive worlds, will be the first to introduce audiences to a film in the most magical and immersive sound format ever conceived."
The following theatres in the United States and Canada are slated to show Disney•Pixar's Brave in Dolby Atmos:
- AMC® BarryWoods 24 (Kansas City, MO)
- AMC Burbank 16 (Burbank, CA)
- AMC Century City 15 (Century City, CA)
- AMC Downtown Disney 24 (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
- AMC Garden State 16 (Paramus, NJ)
- AMC Van Ness 14 (San Francisco, CA)
- ArcLight Sherman Oaks (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- Brenden Theatres at the Palms (Las Vegas, NV)
- Century at Pacific Commons and XD (Fremont, CA)
- Cinemark® West Plano and XD (West Plano, TX)
- SilverCity-Yonge Eglington Cinemas (Cineplex) (Toronto, ON)
- Cinetopia Vancouver Mall 23 (Vancouver, WA)
- El Capitan Theatre (Hollywood, CA)
- Kerasotes ShowPlace™ ICON at Roosevelt Collection (Chicago, IL)
"We are so proud that Brave is the first-ever film to be released in Dolby Atmos," said Mark Andrews, director of Disney•Pixar's Brave. "It is sound technology at its very best. Dolby Atmos adds a new dimension to the Brave experience, bringing the story to life in a way that complements the film's animation and 3D presentation. It's an incredibly immersive experience that movie fans will not want to miss and will not soon forget."