A firmware update to the HD-DVD add-on drive for the XBOX 360 will be released today May 15th.
Here are the details:
Option for user to select from the following audio output formats via TOSLINK or HDMI:
- Digital Stereo (2 channel PCM)
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- DTS 5.1
- WMA Pro
- Option to enable/disable Night Mode
- Added "Dynamic Range Control" toggle for digital audio output
- Improved HD DVD networking support
- Improved HD DVD title compatibility
- Improved performance with MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
- 1080p via HDMI is supported on the Xbox 360 Elite with HDCP compliant displays Improved parental controls
You can get the update trough XBOX Live when you log on with the drive attached.
Read our review of the drive