Passion. Ambition. Butter.
Do You Have What It Takes?
"Julie & Julia is one of the gentlest, most charming American movies of the past decade."
- David Denby (New Yorker)
"It's a light and entertaining treat, with winning performances, sharp writing and some happy surprises."
- Claudia Puig (USA Today)
"The ideal recipe has a special ingredient that can lift a dish from meh to memorable. Meryl Streep -- at her brilliant, beguiling best -- is the spice that does the trick for the yummy Julie & Julia.
- Peter Travers (Rolling Stone)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Julie & Julia on DVD ($28.96) & Blu-ray ($39.95) this December 8th. Featuring a fun filled cast which includes Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Stanley Tucci, Chris Messina, and Linda Emond.
Special features will include:
• Commentary with Writer/Director Nora Ephron
• 8 Featurettes
• -Family & Friends Remember Julia Child
• -Julia's Kitchen
• -Secret Ingredients: Creating Julie & Julia
• -Poaching Eggs with Julia Child & Jacques Pépin
• -Making Hollandaise Sauce with Julia Child & Jacques Pépin
• -Mark Peel prepares Scrambled Eggs
• -Suzanne Goin prepares Braised Beef Short Ribs
• -Steven Lewandowski & Drew Nieporent Prepare Butter Poached Maine Lobster
• movieIQ feature
BOLD text indicates Blu-ray exclusives.
A culinary legend provides a frustrated office worker with a new recipe for life in Julie & Julia, the true stories of how Julia Child's (Meryl Streep) life and cookbook inspired fledgling writer Julie Powell (Amy Adams) to whip up 524 recipes in 365 days and introduce a new generation to the magic of French cooking. Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada) co-stars in director Nora Ephron's delicious comedy about joy, obssesion and butter. Bon appétit!